When do I speak with you about my proposed building works?

It is important to engage with professional consultants as early as possible. This will give you a high level breakdown of what is needed to move your project forward and, very importantly, the timescales and costs for the various elements required.

How do I know if I need planning permission? I’ve heard about Permitted Development, Prior Approval and Change of Use?

The vast majority of projects require some level of approval from the Local Planning Authority. This may include Prior Approval as well as Planning Approval. In some cases, projects may fall solely within Permitted Development without needing approval – however you may want to obtain an optional Lawful Development Certificate to ensure the works you are proposing fall within this category.

How long do projects take?

A clear project timeline will be indicated in your quotation, with dates scheduled into our work stream.

Do you charge for an initial consultation?

No. Typically we will conduct a free initial consultation over the phone, on site, at our office or face-to-face over a coffee.

What are your fees?

Our fees are developed project by project, based on a variety of calculations. As you are aware, each and every project has its own parameters and clients requirements, making it difficult to indicate specific costs for services.

However, we are confident our fees offer exceptional value for money – we offer highly-qualified expertise at affordable rates with minimal overheads to pass on.

If you are considering starting a project, please contact us and we can provide you with a wealth of knowledge and clarity on our fees to move forward with your ideas.

What happens after our initial consultation?

We will issue you with a clear quotation that indicates what will be covered, timescales and any additional items. If you are happy to proceed we ask that you sign a contract and also make an initial payment for us to input your project into work stream.

We will also take this opportunity to highlight if any other consultants will be required as part of your project.

How experienced are you?

We have a wealth of professional, entrepreneurial and community work experience, from careers spanning more than 15 years across a number of fields. We are a Chartered Practice with the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists and have a Chartered Member as Managing Director. He is also a Member of the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors.

I have received a Party Wall Notice and I need advice?

If you have received a Party Wall notice with an accompanying letter from your neighbour or their appointed professional, we are in a position to assist and provide up to date advice and discuss with you the routes available.

What is a Party Wall Notice?

A Party Wall Notice is a legal document, served by the building owner or his/her representative when proposed works fall within one of the three types of notices: line of junction; party structure; and notice of adjacent excavation. In the majority of cases more than one notice is required.

Do I need to serve a Party Wall Notice?

If you are proposing works that effects an existing party wall, proposed on/along the line of junction or is with three to six metres of an adjacent building, you may need to serve a notice on your adjoining owner.

If you are unsure, contact us and we can discuss it with you.

Call Now Button